Tuesday, August 01, 2006

EBAY SUCKS!

Yup you read it right – eBay sucks. I got screwed.

Now, I’ve been a cynic all my life, but this time I though hey, maybe there really are honest people in the world. I mean my son has been shopping on eBay for year and has been very satisfied. I mean Christ he bought a friggin’ car on eBay – got a good deal and he loves it! So why not give it a whirl right?

I was given an exquisite – and VERY expensive – Murano Glass “Love Knot” sculpture 3 years ago by the Fabulous M as a Mothers Day gift. It was beautiful and out of character as a gift for him and I loved it like a living thing (weird right?). This piece was a limited edition signed numbered original work of art. Only 500 were made and I had number 134.

Last year, on that Dreaded Day, the thing managed to jump off its pedestal, while no one was around, and break. There was utter pandemonium in the house! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!?!?!? We blamed the dogs – nope, they were not even in the house when the discovery was made. We blamed the house keeper – nope, she was long gone when it happened. M – Nope, he was on a different floor but heard the tell tale thump when the body hit the floor. Cat – no way the thing weighed more than her – besides that piece had been sitting on the same pedestal for nearly 2 years. I made the tragic discovery when I got home from work. A sad mystery. I cried for 2 days.


This is my original piece - look at how delicate and smooth that point is!


Yes, I really am going somewhere with this.

Click here to read more non-food related ranting....

3 comments:

willowtree said...

I can't for the life of me understand why people take the risk on eBay.

Granted satisfied customers tell a couple while dissatisfied customers tell a lot, but even so I still only ever hear horror stories, with the recurring theme of eBay's poor support.

Home Inspection Philadelphia said...

Thank you for beeing you

Home Inspection Philadelphia said...

Nice shhare