Monday, February 26, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside


HONEY OATMEAL BREAD

So what do you hanker for when it's cold? Yesterday was very sunny and looked beautiful - from inside the house! It was cold, and there ain't nothtin' better on a cold day than nice hot bread!

I made a few adjustments to this KitchenAid bread recipe, which is a little sweet and nutty at the same time. Owing to the good carb - bad carb battle we all wage, I used a really cool new ingredient (for me). Graham Flour - or for the not so educated - like me - whole wheat pastry flour. I cut the white flour by a bit more than half and added a little extra salt - this flour seems to need it. And I ended up with a little less sweetness - a welcome development for sandwiches - and a heartyness that is just superb.

You can visit our good friend King Arthur for this flour, I can't wait to try it in some other things!

No comments: